The Provider Lead works closely with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Clinic Manager to ensure effective and efficient clinic operations at their respective clinic. In collaboration with the CMO, the Provider Lead will help develop clinical standards and support strategy as it relates to clinical care. This position will provide services to patients, facilitate clinic provider culture, and be a clinical subject matter expert as part of the interdisciplinary care team.
This role is 10% administrative as provider lead, and 90% in direct patient care as a primary-care provider.
Essential job duties:
- Partners with the Clinic Manager to ensure successful operations in the clinic
- Participates in team meetings, provider meetings, quality meetings, and other community or professional activities as requested by CMO
- Meets regularly with the CMO to review patient care issues and provides input into the development of treatment guidelines and protocols
- Provides on-site day to day clinical supervision and back-up of Primary Care Providers.
- Evaluates provider performance and communicates constructive feedback (e.g., patient satisfaction, metrics, collaboration with staff, referral patterns, case reviews)
Education and experience:
- Meets basic requirements and holds current Oregon state licensure as MD/DO, NP, PA with prescriptive privileges
- At least 5 years of practice experience as a primary care provider is required
- Previous leadership experience supervising other PCP providers is preferred